Sunday 5 April 2009

Hey
Have to tell you this, it was a landmark happening in my cyber existance and one which made me hot, sweaty and my heart beat so fast. No, no, no, slow down there! Nothing like that.
I entered my first chat room.

Not just any chat room, but one in which an FS was promoting their shop for a five minute slot.
I entered wondering what an FS could be. No sooner had the thought entered my head than someone informed me that I was the new 'featured seller' and my time starts NOW!
Well, typing has never been a particular skill of mine, so I stumbled through what seemed a barrage of questions, all the time trying to plug my stuff and keep an eye on the time.
It must have been apparent to everyone that I was a newbie, but thanks to everyone that I met there on Etsy last night who were so patient with me and made me feel really welcome.

I left that chat room pretty soon after I had chosen the next FS and kept the time for her, but my experience there left me with a warm feeling inside and a resolve to learn more about this form of expression.

I have been busy in the workshop this week, the latest couple of rings that I've made have turned out to be a real success.
Instead of using gemstones, I've made a centre focal piece out of enamelled copper and set it as you would a stone. As a result, I've ended up with a ring which is really eyecatching with the freedom to create something different.
Take a look, see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment