Tuesday 31 March 2009

It's been a while since I last posted. I seem to have been busy with the mundane day to day operations, which keep a household ticking over but do nothing to nurture the creative vibe.
I've put this job off for a long time as it's not one I'm looking forward to doing.
Call it artistic temperament if you like, but I can only be really enthused about one medium at a time and at the moment I'm really enjoying silverwork.
The thing I'm working on at the moment is a stained glass panel for a little project in France.
Deep in the heart of Normandy is a work in progress that has been continuing for five years now.
The majority of the heavy work is done , it only remains to put in the insides before we can get to the exciting part....browsing the broccantes! If you say it quickly, it sounds like hardly any work at all.
This will be only the third stained glass window that I've made. The first one is above the front door of the house I'm living in, where it has been for about 15 years. Maybe I'm not the most prolific worker, once I get started it is a very enjoyable pastime which grows at an amazing rate.
The last piece I did was inspired by a 15th century panel I saw while visiting the Mont St Michel. Very simple geometric design based around diamonds and squares, don't you think that sometimes it's the simplest ideas that work best of all?

No comments:

Post a Comment