Saturday 22 August 2009

After spending a couple of weeks in France, nobody wanted to return to blighty. We have been intending to make a move to live in our house there for two or three years but waiting for the 'right' time to happen is so hard. The conditions are never right.
There is always one child or another attached to a best friend or the fact that the house isn't actually finished ( minor detail that one) that makes it easier to stay where we are in the relative safety of the UK.
In the immortal words of The Butthole Surfers 'it's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do', It's time. So , we are getting rid of lots of the chattel that you seem to collect throughout life, especially if you are natural born hoarders like us.
I find it hard to part with some things, for instance my old record collection. Some of the records are absolute rubbish but the memories that are woven into the songs are very much a part of me.
When I return from the car boot sale tomorrow I'm hoping to feel cleansed and uncluttered.
I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment