Saturday 13 November 2010

Karen Fields; an artist in the naive style

Whilst browsing through Etsy's vast and varied shelves, Karen Fields's work caught my eye, she's a painter from the US who paints in a very bold and confident manner, the canvasses are alive with attitude and colour.  The result is very striking, I think 'Autumn Garden 'is my fave.
I wanted to feature her work here on my blog and share her fantastic pieces with you.


Karen says:
All of my original style contemporary artwork is created with a unique color palette on gallery wrapped stretched canvas. My colorful, bold flowers, landscapes, and abstract paintings are collected internationally.

My background is in graphic design and fine art. Graduate of Ringling College of Art.

As a little girl I would watch my dad at his drafting table in the semi-finished attic where his little studio was. Later, when he wasn't looking, I would play with his shape templates at the drafting table and create drawings of my own. I have always loved art and am blessed with the talent that I have been given.
Go and visit Karen's shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/karenfieldsgallery and see her striking collection.

Blog: www.karenfieldsgallery.blogspot.com
Portfolio: www.ebsqart.com/Artists/cmd_9445_profile.htm
Twitter: www.twitter.com/kfieldsdesign

No comments:

Post a Comment