Wednesday 13 May 2009

Google Analytics

Hi there,
does anyone out there use the free service provided by Google to track the traffic passing through their website? If you use Google Analytics you will already know just how addictive it can be.
Since the dawn of the internet, it has been called the 'worldwide web' and although I know what those words mean, I didn't get the full implications of it until trawling all the statistics gathered by Google.
I'm fascinated how I photograph an item that I made in my shed in Coventry UK, put it in my online shop, and someone from the Northern Mariana Islands in the Pacific Ocean is sitting at home looking at it ( hello to you if you are reading this!)
There have been 'hits' from places like Mongolia, Guam and Panama as well as Hollywood and Beverly Hills.
I find it all so exciting.
My geography skills are getting stronger too because of this. Now I can look at a map of the world and tell you which countries are which. Unfortunately, this has come along twenty five years too late to be of any real benefit to me.
Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment