Tuesday 22 September 2009



Just thought I'd show you the latest couple of things that I've made. I seem to always gravitate towards making rings, I love to look at them, I love to wear them but since having my kids, the skin on my fingers seems not to tolerate them for long. Boo Hoo.
The first ring is made from rhodochrosite and silver to match a bracelet. It measures 2.5cm across and will stop the traffic.
The second one is a square moonstone set onto a wide silver band. The band was stamped with a repeat random oval pattern and oxidised for emphasis.
First of all when I'd finished making the rhodochrosite ring I knew it was one that I was going to fall in love with...but now that I've made the moonstone one, I can't help but fall in love with that one too.
Maybe you're starting to see the reasoning behind not making rings in my size.

Are brooches in fashion at the moment? I have a strange fancy to make one. I say strange because brooches are one of the few items of jewellery that I've never worn...along with nose studs and lip saucers.

No comments:

Post a Comment